If you’ve been wondering if you should hire a property manager or do it yourself, hopefully by the time you’ve finished reading you will have some idea of what works best for your situation.
While many hands-on (DIY) landlords manage their rental properties themselves, some opt to hire a property manager to take care of some or all of the landlord’s duties.
Both novice and seasoned property managers can benefit greatly from using property management software. It doesn’t matter if you’re an experienced manager or just starting out, a great rental management software can make your job easier than ever.
There is a universal phrase that “Nothing is really free.” What this means is that if you think you are getting something for free, it is actually costing you somewhere else or you are giving up something else up in order to get that product or service for free.
Many homeowners are investing in vacation homes or rental properties. And because they are investing in owning multiple homes, they have added concerns. We are going to talk about these additional concerns and what you need to do in order to successfully manage more than one home. Listen as we discuss maintenance schedules, the benefits of hiring a property manager, and the importance of a home inventory.
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [01:27] Beth’s experience with managing more than one home
● [04:43] What is a home inventory and why is it important for vacation and long-term rental properties
● [06:32] Maintenance schedules to be aware of and how different climates impact properties
● [12:09] How important is it to hire a property manager and what are the benefits
● [17:39] Key items to consider with selling your vacation home or rental property
● [21:03] How HomeZada helps with managing multiple homes
● [27:08] Action items: property managers and home maintenance
● Take a home inventory of your house before renters come in and then after or between long-term renters.
● Two benefits of hiring a property manager: 1) they can be on location to attend to issues in a timely manner 2) property managers generally have a network of contractors and or service providers that they regularly use for regular maintenance and those one off situations that are timely.
● HomeZada makes multi-home management so much easier, more comprehensive and it centralizes all of your important data in one easy to navigate location.
Elizabeth Dodson is a focused technology entrepreneur with successful skills in business development, sales, marketing and finance with over 20 years of successful management of revenue producing partners. With great organizational skills balancing multiple roles and responsibilities as an entrepreneur and the drive to increase company revenues and user growth for a consumer technology solution with a partner solution to support the homeowner market.
John Bodrozic has start-up entrepreneur experience beginning with boot strapping, profitable growth, securing venture and corporate venture funding, acquisitions of technology companies, and selling a business to a publicly traded company.
One of the best ways to grow your savings and prepare yourself for the future or retirement is investing. There are several different types of investing that can be done, and most are quite popular. However, not all types of investments are created equally. Each has their own inherent risk and reward.