Traveling and vacations are a great way to spend time with friends and family and explore new sights and adventures. When you do travel, it is best to make sure you have your home is ready for your vacation. Here are few tips that can help you in your efforts to have a great vacation and not worry about you home when you are enjoying your holiday.
- Straighten up around your home prior to leaving for you vacation. Keeping everything clean and neat is a nice way to come home rather than coming home to a mess.
- Take out your trash and clean any dirty dishes. The smells of food could cause an unpleasant odor in your home when you return. One that may take several days to eliminate.
- If you have plants, water your plants with a little more water than usual, just enough to get them by while you are gone and not too much that it is overkill.
- Work with your mail carrier to hold or forward your mail. You can always retrieve your mail when you return home.
- Notify your neighbors of your travel and ask them to keep an eye on your home. Giving your neighbors or family members emergency numbers of how to contact you is also a good idea.
- Use timers for indoor and outdoor lights. This will do well to keep burglars away and set the expectation that someone just might be home.
- Arm your alarm systems prior to leaving. Just in case someone does try to take advantage of your travel situation, you have the necessary precautions to avoid a more challenging situation.
Now that you have your home prepared for your vacation ….. HAVE FUN!