Are high utility bills, wildly variable indoor temperatures, and hot and cold spots problems in your home? These are all signs that your HVAC system could be a lot more energy efficient than it is currently. Check out our article on the most efficient way to heat and cool your home.Read More
Your bedroom is your private sanctuary and your retreat. But if you’re cringing at the very thought of how your sanctuary is looking right now, you’ve got remodeling to do.
You want to wake up each morning in a space that makes you feel good – a space that’s not only comfortable but designed according to your personal tastes. So, before you embark on this renovation project, you’ll want to jot down any design idea that comes to mind.Read More
For homeowners getting ready to sell their homes, what can or should you do to get your home ready to list? On today’s episode, John and Beth are talking with Jill Elliott, a Broker Associate with over 10 years of experience in all aspects of real estate. Jill brings her realtor experience to share tips on what homeowners can do to list a home. She also shares stories of her experiences and suggestions from her own client’s journeys through real estate sales. Jill offers advice on how to work with a real estate agent in your area and her own suggestions on how to market a home and move through the process more easily when selling a home.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:21] How to get your home ready for sale.
- [03:39] How to get older homes ready for sale.
- [05:00] Is there certain maintenance you should do before you contact a real estate agent or before you list your home?
- [06:20] How important is curb appeal and staging a home?
- [10:47] How to set financial expectations for listing a home.
- [15:36] How to find the right real estate agent.
- [19:19] Why a house might not close; tips for planning a home inspection, and parting advice from Jill.
- The first thing to do when deciding to sell your home is let go and let the process happen. Respect the process, be flexible and make changes suggested by your realtor.
- Things to be aware of when selling or buying a home are the roof and foundation, plumbing, windows and electrical.
- How do you find the right real estate agent? Find one that you trust. Not that you like, but one that you trust.
Jill Elliott is a Broker Associate with @properties Dallas and brings over 10 years of experience in all aspects of real estate. She has consistently been a top producer in the DFW area, receiving yearly Circle of Excellence awards. Before becoming a full time REALTOR, Jill was a radio personality for 22 years in several cities around the country including Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Columbia, Augusta and Atlanta. This may seem a strange transition but her former career allowed her to work with so many different people and charitable organizations that a real estate career was a natural fit for her. Jill has a podcast – For The Love of Real Estate on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and others. She is a big fan of St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. She is a member of the MetroTex Board of Realtors and the National Association of REALTORs. Jill is a graduate of Oklahoma State University and lives with her wonderful family and dog Stella on the shores of Lake Lewisville.
Even with all the conveniences of modern life, life feels much more complicated than we imagine it must have been in times past.
Our families expect us to be organized, live in perfect homes, be available to drive everyone everywhere, and provide delicious, home-cooked meals every day.
All of that, plus have a full-time job!Read More
Before listing your home for sale on the market, you may be tempted to remodel to fetch the best price possible. But not all home renovations offer the same return on investment. Some renovations may increase the value of your home – and how quickly it sells – while you may lose money on others. Before hiring a contractor, here are some factors to consider if you’re pondering whether to renovate before selling your home.Read More