Everyone knows smart-home upgrades will make your home sleeker, more futuristic, and more customizable. Fewer people are aware that they can save you a lot of money, too. With electricity costs at a two-decade high, a lot of Americans are wrestling with unprecedented utility bills. Some cash-strapped homeowners are even offloading their inefficient homes to sellers for cash and relocating to smaller homes or warmer climates.Read More
As a homeowner, it’s important to have a plan for managing your home maintenance budget effectively. This is particularly true if you own multiple homes, as the cost of maintaining several properties can quickly add up.
Read on for some tips for managing your home maintenance budget effectively, whether you have one home or several.Read More
Now that you’ve mastered the fundamentals of setting up your smart home, it’s time to step up your game and optimize it!
Read on for 12 suggestions for improving your smart home configuration, ranging from simple ideas that can simplify things to crucial choices that can prevent you from having to start over completely a few years from now.Read More
The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed the face of America’s workplace. In fact, an increasing number of folks might find their “new office” feels a lot like home – because it is literally their home.
Our post-pandemic “return to the office” may look different with hybrid or fully remote work models rapidly rising in popularity. Studies from Accenture support this trend with 83% of workers believing a hybrid model would be optimal going forward. Further, 87% of managers believe working from home is the future, according to Remote-How research.
While the new dynamic promises an improved work-life balance, it will also cause energy use and utility bills to skyrocket with technologies, appliances, and systems running overtime – making optimal, energy-efficient home climate control a greater challenge.
The good news is that families can prevent a utility bill blitz by following a few simple tips. With home heating and cooling accounting for nearly half of home energy use, small steps can go a long way. Today, Beth and John are talking with Dennis Stinson, VP of Sales for Fujitsu General America. Dennis is here to offer expert advice for homeowners and discuss these questions:
● What is a “hybrid” home?
● How has this new workplace dynamic impacted America’s homeowners and their energy bills?
● What are the latest and most energy-efficient HVAC systems that can help offset increased utility bills as employees spend more time working from home?
● Are there any easy tips and tricks for practical fixes around the house that can help enhance energy efficiency?
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [02:33] What is the hybrid home and industry research
● [04:41] How hybrid homes impact homeowners’ energy bills
● [05:45] Assessing current HVAC centers
● [08:33] Leveraging smart home HVAC offerings
● [10:19] Adding additional units or splitting units
● [12:35] Consumer experience and mobile technologies
● [15:32] Energy incentives and rebates
● [17:30] Recap and action steps
● Action Step: Evaluate how well your HVAC system is working, or if you have had changes to how often you are home. Is the HVAC working properly?
● As a homeowner, you should have a relationship with a variety of different contractors. Try to find one before your system breaks. Get on a regular annual maintenance program to have your system maintained and cleaned.
● There are rebate and incentive programs available to promote higher energy efficiency in your home. Be sure to take advantage of these!
Dennis Stinson is the Vice President of Sales for Fujitsu General America, a national manufacturer with distributors in local communities across the United States, Canada and the Caribbean and brings over 30 years of industry experience.
Dennis leads a team of sales professionals, selling well over $300M of Fujitsu products. At Fujitsu, Dennis has held the responsibilities of Regional Sales Manager in the Mid-Atlantic and The Director of National Accounts. Prior to joining Fujitsu, Dennis spent his career as a Manufacturer’s Representative representing various Manufacturers in the HVAC industry throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Dennis earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Millersville University of Pennsylvania.
A smart home is one you can control with a simple click on your smartphone, wherever you are. The idea is to connect different gadgets and devices, thus improving the overall functionality of your home.
If you follow the latest trends, here are a couple of ideas for you to turn your place into a 21st century home.Read More