The first thing that came to mind is what do I want in a vacuum cleaner? I started creating my list. I would like a vacuum cleaner that
* Easily picks up dirt, hair and particles from my carpets.
* Easily picks up dirt, hair and particles from my wood and tile floors.
* Has attachments that make it easy to clean steps.
* Has attachments that make it easy to clean sofas and chairs.
* Is easy to manuever around rooms and under furniture.
* One that is not to heavy so that I can push it when I am 80.
* Great suction to get event the nastiest of germs embedded in my carpet .
* Ecologically, I would like a filter that is cleanable versus one that requires bags.
* One that can be stored easily and does not take up a lot of room in my home.
All of these items are important to me when finding a vacuum cleaner. I also reviewed the tips offered by Good Housekeeping when they performed their vacuum review. These tips and reviews helped me understand what else to look for in a vacuum cleaner and they purchased all the vacuum cleaners to perform testing. Some vacuum cleaners are expensive and these reviews eliminated all those crazy costs to find the best vacuum cleaner for me.
What needs to you have with a vacuum cleaner?