Spring is just around the corner, and what better time to do a quick home checkup to make sure everything is in order? You’ll make your home look great, function better, and avoid any costly repairs down the road. Here’s a checklist of things to do around your property this spring:Read More
A hidden expense to owning a home is the combination of preventative maintenance tasks and smaller fix it and repair tasks. These costs include buying replacement parts and materials where the homeowner does the installation work themselves or the cost to hire a service contractor to do the maintenance and repairs. When a contractor performs the work, the costs will include parts, materials, and labor.Read More
John and Beth are here to share with you their tips and suggestions, as well as interviews with industry experts, with the goal of helping you become a smarter homeowner. Once we buy a home, we now ask ourselves the question… Now what? Today’s episode focuses on the value of maintaining your home, including home maintenance and all the different things that we as homeowners need to do to maintain our home. Tune in for advice on everything from preventative maintenance to standard maintenance, what we can save, and how to improve the value of your home!
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [02:00] Standard care of the house.
● [05:00] Health and safety, including smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
● [10:00] Maintenance and the value of your home.
● [13:00] Increasing your replacement costs if you neglect small 30 minute tasks.
● [17:00] How to be reminded of tasks which need completing.
● [22:00] Should you be doing these tasks yourself or hire a contractor?
● [29:00] Start with the basics to figure out the typical maintenance things you need to do from a preventative standpoint.
● Keeping track of home maintenance will add value and save time.
● The difference between doing the tasks yourself or hiring a contractor.
● How to keep track of home tasks which need completing.
It’s nice to enjoy birds chirping as the sun rises and watching squirrels frolic in your yard. But, when these animals start to make a home in your drains and downspouts, it can lead to much more significant issues for you and your home. Learn about how to keep nesting critters out of your gutters, so you never have to worry about the complications that come with these little guys infiltrating this vital feature of your dwelling.Read More
The plumbing that snakes its way through our homes is a bit more delicate than we would like to believe. Sometimes, even small amounts of damage or the passage of certain objects down the drain can cause a pipe to rupture. A burst pipe is one thing; it’s usually evident when you have one of those. But what about circumstances where there’s only a small leak? How do you tell if your pipes have sprung a leak somewhere? Keep an eye out for these signs that you have a hidden leaky pipe in your walls so that you can get to it quickly.Read More