It’s the time of year to pull out the winter coats, hats, and boots. When the winter wind howls, protecting yourself against the elements is natural. Just like you wouldn’t stand unprotected in the icy wind and rain, your home also needs safeguarding when the mercury drops.
Taking good care of your home during the winter is one of the best ways to help it hold its value over time. To prepare for the coming weather, here are 15 winter home maintenance tools and supplies to have on hand.
Congratulations! You’re now the owner of a new (or new to you) home! Of course, you realize that your expenses have only just begun, even though you may have already bought your home, right?
I’m talking about home maintenance.
When putting together your budget as a new homeowner, remember to include the annual cost of this very important element of being a homeowner.
Wondering what’s included in yearly home upkeep?
Spring is just around the corner, and what better time to do a quick home checkup to make sure everything is in order? You’ll make your home look great, function better, and avoid any costly repairs down the road. Here’s a checklist of things to do around your property this spring:
A hidden expense to owning a home is the combination of preventative maintenance tasks and smaller fix it and repair tasks. These costs include buying replacement parts and materials where the homeowner does the installation work themselves or the cost to hire a service contractor to do the maintenance and repairs. When a contractor performs the work, the costs will include parts, materials, and labor.
John and Beth are here to share with you their tips and suggestions, as well as interviews with industry experts, with the goal of helping you become a smarter homeowner. Once we buy a home, we now ask ourselves the question… Now what? Today’s episode focuses on the value of maintaining your home, including home maintenance and all the different things that we as homeowners need to do to maintain our home. Tune in for advice on everything from preventative maintenance to standard maintenance, what we can save, and how to improve the value of your home!
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [02:00] Standard care of the house.
● [05:00] Health and safety, including smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
● [10:00] Maintenance and the value of your home.
● [13:00] Increasing your replacement costs if you neglect small 30 minute tasks.
● [17:00] How to be reminded of tasks which need completing.
● [22:00] Should you be doing these tasks yourself or hire a contractor?
● [29:00] Start with the basics to figure out the typical maintenance things you need to do from a preventative standpoint.
● Keeping track of home maintenance will add value and save time.
● The difference between doing the tasks yourself or hiring a contractor.
● How to keep track of home tasks which need completing.