John and Beth are here to share with you their tips and suggestions, as well as interviews with industry experts, with the goal of helping you become a smarter homeowner. Once we buy a home, we now ask ourselves the question… Now what? Today’s episode focuses on the value of maintaining your home, including home maintenance and all the different things that we as homeowners need to do to maintain our home. Tune in for advice on everything from preventative maintenance to standard maintenance, what we can save, and how to improve the value of your home!
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [02:00] Standard care of the house.
● [05:00] Health and safety, including smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
● [10:00] Maintenance and the value of your home.
● [13:00] Increasing your replacement costs if you neglect small 30 minute tasks.
● [17:00] How to be reminded of tasks which need completing.
● [22:00] Should you be doing these tasks yourself or hire a contractor?
● [29:00] Start with the basics to figure out the typical maintenance things you need to do from a preventative standpoint.
● Keeping track of home maintenance will add value and save time.
● The difference between doing the tasks yourself or hiring a contractor.
● How to keep track of home tasks which need completing.
It’s nice to enjoy birds chirping as the sun rises and watching squirrels frolic in your yard. But, when these animals start to make a home in your drains and downspouts, it can lead to much more significant issues for you and your home. Learn about how to keep nesting critters out of your gutters, so you never have to worry about the complications that come with these little guys infiltrating this vital feature of your dwelling.
The plumbing that snakes its way through our homes is a bit more delicate than we would like to believe. Sometimes, even small amounts of damage or the passage of certain objects down the drain can cause a pipe to rupture. A burst pipe is one thing; it’s usually evident when you have one of those. But what about circumstances where there’s only a small leak? How do you tell if your pipes have sprung a leak somewhere? Keep an eye out for these signs that you have a hidden leaky pipe in your walls so that you can get to it quickly.
HomeZada has updated both its Apple iOS app and its Android Google Play app with three new features that makes it even more easy to use. Here is a quick overview on how to make your home management experience easier.
Few things can lend relaxation to a home like aquariums.
However, once the novelty of having an aquarium diminishes, tanks are often left to languish, growing murky and dim until you can’t even tell whether or not any fish call the tank home.