Replacing the vanity in your bathroom?
While you could buy a prefab one from your local home improvement store or pay a cabinet maker for a custom made one, why not DIY one from an old piece of furniture?
This can be a fun project that allows you to save money and add a unique touch to your bathroom. However, it’s important to make sure the piece of furniture is suitable for the bathroom environment and has proper water-resistant finishes.
Interviewing a remodeling contractor for some may seem challenging. But we have some simple tips to help you have a fabulous relationship with your contractor. In today’s episode, we walk through the steps to consider before, during, and after a remodel project. Listen in to learn the tips and tricks on how to start your project off on the right foot and end with on a good note!
Questions to consider when starting a project:
- What should a homeowner do before researching for a remodeling contractor? What do homeowners need to look for when researching a contractor for a remodel project? Is it important to compare contractors or quotes before deciding on which contractor to use?
- What details should be asked prior to signing a contract with a remodeling contractor? How should a homeowner manage their contractor during the construction process?
- How should you handle a situation with your contractor if something is not working during the project? Who manages or is responsible for the budget of the project?
- How should change orders be determined when changes do happen to a project? How should money be paid to a contractor? Up front, partial payment, etc
- What are the risks of certain contracts? What to look for and how to manage the details? What does a close out look like and if there is a problem with the job, how can you manage this process?
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:23] What should a homeowner do before researching for a remodeling contractor? What do homeowners need to look for when researching a contractor for a remodel project?
- [09:24] How do you find quality contractors and one of the key questions to ask your contractor?.
- [12:53] how to ask for client referrals?
- [18:34] How should money be paid to a contractor?
- [21:10] Understanding “change orders” and what happens when changes happen during the project.
- [24:01] How to handle the close out process and gather warranties.
- You need a plan before you start looking for a contractor. Do the upfront planning before you try to determine the scope of the project.
- If you are working on a bigger project, it’s smart to get two to three bids or estimates.
- When getting customer referrals, don’t ask broad questions like whether the contractor did a good job. Ask detailed questions about the process of the project and demeanor of the contractor.
Elizabeth Dodson is a focused technology entrepreneur with successful skills in business development, sales, marketing and finance with over 20 years of successful management of revenue producing partners. With great organizational skills balancing multiple roles and responsibilities as an entrepreneur and the drive to increase company revenues and user growth for a consumer technology solution with a partner solution to support the homeowner market.
John Bodrozic has start-up entrepreneur experience beginning with bootstrapping, profitable growth, securing venture and corporate venture funding, acquisitions of technology companies, and selling a business to a publicly traded company.
You may be wondering how to create a luxurious hotel style bathroom that doesn’t cost another mortgage. These luxurious bathrooms don’t have to be too expensive, there are a few things you can do to achieve the same effect.
Your kitchen and bath are not only the most used areas of your home they’re also the rooms that home sellers are advised to update when trying to sell.
But what if you don’t have a ton of money to drop on a major remodel? Are you destined to live with a mediocre kitchen and bath? Read More
Guest Blogger: Kerrie Kelly, ASID
Vanities set the style and tone of the bathroom. They need to be beautiful, but at the same time, they need to be functional and low-maintenance. By choosing the vanity that fits your space best, you can turn your mundane master bathroom into a luxurious getaway. From sleek and contemporary silhouettes to the latest and greatest in hardware and cabinetry, let’s take a look at a few of our favorite vanities and go-to elements that complete the look for a truly spectacular bathroom. Read More