Nowadays, because of global warming, it’s normal for temperatures to oscillate between extremes of hot and cold. Thus, air conditioning units (ACs) have become increasingly important for favorable living conditions. Thankfully, due to technological advancements, these AC systems have become more abundant and affordable.Read More
Your first home.
You put so much into getting here. Now, you can paint every room in the house, let your dog lounge on the sofa and hang anything you want on your front door, and nobody can say anything about it (except your family!)
But as with many things in life, you’ve got to take the bad with the good.Read More
Consumers have a love hate relationship with push notifications they receive from the apps they install on their mobile phones. Some people really appreciate them if they are informative, timely, and useful. Others hate them because they are not relevant. But with most apps, you the user don’t control what push notifications get sent to you.Read More
Metal roofs are a gorgeous addition to any home. But if you expect to keep them beautiful, a certain level of upkeep is required. You may be wondering what maintaining your metal roofing materials will entail.
Moreover, you’re likely pondering whether the right kind of care will make that much of a difference. Luckily, we’ve put together a shortlist of the most crucial maintenance tasks for metal roofing tasks and how they protect your roof from damage.Read More
John and Beth are here to share with you their tips and suggestions, as well as interviews with industry experts, with the goal of helping you become a smarter homeowner. Once we buy a home, we now ask ourselves the question… Now what? Today’s episode focuses on the value of maintaining your home, including home maintenance and all the different things that we as homeowners need to do to maintain our home. Tune in for advice on everything from preventative maintenance to standard maintenance, what we can save, and how to improve the value of your home!
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [02:00] Standard care of the house.
● [05:00] Health and safety, including smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
● [10:00] Maintenance and the value of your home.
● [13:00] Increasing your replacement costs if you neglect small 30 minute tasks.
● [17:00] How to be reminded of tasks which need completing.
● [22:00] Should you be doing these tasks yourself or hire a contractor?
● [29:00] Start with the basics to figure out the typical maintenance things you need to do from a preventative standpoint.
● Keeping track of home maintenance will add value and save time.
● The difference between doing the tasks yourself or hiring a contractor.
● How to keep track of home tasks which need completing.