Did you know that a glass water bowl and the sun’s rays can actually start a fire on a wooden deck? Or that your pet could accidentally knock over a candle with a simple wag of a tail? Maybe your cat is curious enough to create a little trouble by shifting a wash towel near enough to a stove to start a fire?
Prepare Your Home
Preparing your home to avoid fires when you have pets at home is like having child safety precautions. Like children, we walk around our homes and add the necessary precautions to protect them. The same goes for our pets. Pet fire safety is often overlooked because people do not know what can actually cause a fire. As we know fires can hurt our beloved pets and our homes.
Thanksgiving can be the beginning of the sometimes stressful holiday season. Family is on its way to you home bringing dishes to share for the Thanksgiving dinner. However, there are generally some dishes that you might still be responsible for providing to your guests.
Most likely, you are responsible for the turkey. Depending on your cooking strategy, Thanksgiving is proving to be one of the most dangerous holidays for your home. But there are steps to avoiding Thanksgiving disasters. The National Fire Protection Association states that Thanksgiving is the number day of the year for cooking related fires. Read More
House Fires are such a dangerous situation. They can cause death, injury and house damage. This house fires infographic shares details about house fires like when they occur. Did you know that seven people die every day from a house fire? House fires are serious and also cause over $11 billion annually in property damages. For those of you with older homes, make sure to check your smoke detectors. Many fires go undetected due to non working smoke detectors. As a result, please make sure you take the appropriate precautions like establishing exit plans for your family and making sure you have fire extinguishers. Also, install smoke detectors and keep your batteries current in your smoke alarms. Safety first. Read More
My name is Tami Traeden, I live in Portland Oregon. I recently heard about HomeZada and quickly checked out the website because I suffered from a home fire.
My interest was strong based on my experience in 2008. My husband and I were both home on a Sunday afternoon in November. Our home was a 100 year old craftsman which was quite drafty so I used space heaters often. I was upstairs in my office when I noticed the space heater was not putting out warm air. So, I had moved it to a new outlet in the room so I could be closer to the project I was working on. I did not think much of it until about 30 minutes later the power went out. My husband came upstairs to talk to me before going to the basement to check on the breaker box, when he glanced out the window.