When it comes to homeownership, first-time homeowners often have challenges. These challenges often surround home maintenance. Understanding the types of home maintenance that are necessary to manage a home and why home maintenance is important to keeping a home operating properly. If as a first-time homeowner, you need to hire someone to help with these tasks, how do you contract and interview these service providers? What can first-time homeowners look for when it comes to home management? Listen as John and Beth share their experience and tips for first-time homeowners.
IN THIS EPISODE:
● [01:46] Things first-time homeowners will need to be aware of
● [04:38] Types of maintenance first-time homeowners should be aware of
● [08:26] Smart home technology pros and cons
● [13:06] Costs for managing a home
● [18:40] Finding the right professionals to help with home maintenance
● [22:52] Paying attention to small inconsistencies in your home
● [26:43] First-time homeowner action items
● No matter what your age, no matter what generation you’re in, no matter where you live, you still struggle with the same things as a first-time homeowner.
● The specifics of maintenance fall into five categories: seasonal maintenance; maintaining the health of your home, like air quality; maintenance that keeps your home safely functioning; energy efficiency maintenance; and outdoor maintenance
● Preventive maintenance is extremely important in avoiding unexpected maintenance costs.
● When hiring maintenance professionals, first-time homeowners can utilize helpful platforms like Angie’s List, Porch, or others to find high quality professionals.
● Action step: Create a schedule for preventive home maintenance
Elizabeth Dodson is a focused technology entrepreneur with successful skills in business development, sales, marketing, and finance with over 20 years of successful management of revenue producing partners. With great organizational skills balancing multiple roles and responsibilities as an entrepreneur and the drive to increase company revenues and user growth for a consumer technology solution with a partner solution to support the homeowner market.
John Bodrozic has start-up entrepreneur experience beginning with boot strapping, profitable growth, securing venture and corporate venture funding, acquisitions of technology companies, and selling a business to a publicly traded company.